Bristol & Remote | Full Time | £40,000 to £55,000 + excellent benefits
Cloud8 – the fintech SaaS provider – is hiring a QA Engineer to test its web application product, to improve testing methodology, and to help implement automated testing.
We’re seeking a skilled and motivated person to fulfil software quality assurance at Cloud8 as we take our established and highly successful product to the next stage. We’re scaling up and have moved to the cloud – this is an opportunity to stretch your skills in a fast-paced, flexible and happy working environment.
You’ll collaborate with experienced members of our team to deliver verified solutions to the employee benefits sector, contributing to software quality decisions from planning to release. At Cloud8 you’ll always have a voice and your perspectives will be valued.
You will be challenged and supported as you make a well-rounded contribution to every part of our software lifecycle. You’ll combine your expertise with your curiosity and willingness to learn things, helping us continually release high quality software. You’ll work hard but get a lot of satisfaction and have a great time with a great team.
- Incremental improvements to quality processes throughout the team and the development lifecycle
- Improving team productivity by helping catch bugs and issues early
- Consistent improvement of our automated testing suites, including managing outsource partners, if we engage them for setup and implementation
- Maintaining a fully documented whole system test suite
We’re looking for
- Someone with a collaborative mindset who will work closely with developers, product owners, etc. to ensure quality is ‘baked in’ to every part of the software development life cycle
- Proven skills in testing a sophisticated web application; functional, integration, regression and performance testing
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves, and do effective testing
- A positive advocate for quality, and upholding quality standards
- Attentive to security and data integrity measures
- Familiarity with automated testing at a variety of levels (e.g. UI, API, unit, load, performance) and enthusiasm to learn more
- Proficient knowledge and experience of working with Selenium (or similar)
- Proven experience of working with issue tracking software
- Ability to prioritise and progress testing across multiple workstreams
- Ability, and desire, to learn and embrace new skills
Current ecosystem – we’ll welcome your influence
Selenium | PHPUnit | Swagger Inspector | Gatling
Salary and benefits
- £40,000 – £55,000+ we’re keeping an open mind
- ISTQB, or similar, certifications
- Encouraged to attend relevant conferences, meetups and industry events
- Flexible working, tell us what you need
- 27 days’ annual leave, plus your birthday off
- On joining: three x life assurance| free parking (site selected) | unique employee-only deals from 5,700 retailers, including shopping discounts and reduced cinema tickets | free fruit, tea and coffee | free on-site gym
- After probation: a benefits fund to spend on benefits of your choice | Group Income Protection | employee assistance programme | pension scheme with a 3% employer match | voluntary benefits, including a cycle to work scheme and give as you earn
Cloud8’s mission is to give access to digital benefits for a million people within three years. Our technical team has an engineering culture. More broadly, we take a user-centred view, building a product that is a pleasure to use and makes people’s lives easier and better. Joining as our primary QA person, this is an opportunity to get involved early in the life cycle, by attending design discussions and standups, helping us achieve the quality standards we need. We look forward to exploring how we may shape a role to build upon your strengths and interests. https://teamcloud8.co.uk/
Location: North Bristol (BS35), at the office two days a week, or more, plus remote working
Timing: joining immediately, or any time before July
Cloud8 is working with techfolk, its chosen recruitment partner, to help us find our new colleagues.
Vittoria and Andrew will be pleased to answer your questions, to tell you more and, if you like what you’re hearing, to support you throughout the process.
We look forward to getting to know you at the appropriate stage.
Thanks for your interest in Cloud8.