Bristol & Remote | Full Time | £50,000 to £70,000 + excellent benefits
Cloud8 – the fintech SaaS provider – is hiring an AWS DevOps Engineer to design and implement fully automated pipelines on AWS, to improve production services, and to lay the foundations of infrastructure as code.
We’re open to someone for whom DevOps has been part of a broader role, perhaps a back end engineer who’s been running production services on AWS, or someone who’s been submersed in a DevOps / Platform Engineering role for a while.
We’ve moved to the cloud and our rapidly-expanding customer base is keeping us busy. This is an opportunity to hone and develop your skills in a fast-paced, dynamic, flexible and happy working environment.
You’ll work collaboratively with experienced members of our team to deliver high availability infrastructure to users of our employee benefits platform. You’ll help inform the decisions we make about cloud strategy, security, automation, monitoring, maintenance and performance. You’ll be involved at every stage from planning to delivery. At Cloud8 you’ll always have a seat at the table and your opinions will be valued.
Day to day you will be challenged and supported as you make a well-rounded contribution to customer delivery and support initiatives. You’ll build new skills in a technical role, using your natural problem-solving ability, collaborative nature and excellent communication skills. You’ll work hard but get a lot of satisfaction and have a great time with a great team.
- Improving system monitoring, at both the infrastructure and application level
- Optimising cost management through tactics such as reserved instances, spot instances, cluster scaling and scheduling
- Testing, optimising and monitoring platform scaling to cope with peak loads
- Incorporating automated UI, API, performance and load tests, as well as static code analysis, into the CI/CD pipeline
- Improving our automated multi-instance build and release process, including better management of environment and pipeline variables
- Managing data retention for GDPR compliance
- Migrating from CloudFormation, to an ecosystem such as TerraForm
- Implementing a wide variety of other improvements identified via third party testing and reviews
We’re looking for
- Someone with a solid technical grounding in administering AWS in production, operating at or near the level of an AWS Certified Professional DevOps Engineer (actual certification not necessary)
- Proven problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to convey DevOps practices to other team members
- A belief in security, automation, documentation and knowledge transfer
- Ability to manage infrastructure costs and performance
- Ability to work on multiple projects and workstreams concurrently
- An understanding of OO software design and Agile development methods
- A higher or further education in a technical discipline, or equivalent knowledge accrued by practice
- Ability, and desire, to learn and embrace new skills
Current ecosystem – we’ll welcome your influence
AWS | S3 | CloudFormation | Docker | MySQL | PHP8 | Laravel
Salary and benefits
- £50,000 – £70,000+ we’re keeping an open mind
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer certification (if not already held), and more
- Flexible working, tell us what you need
- 27 days’ annual leave, plus your birthday off
- Encouraged to attend relevant conferences, meetups and industry events
- On joining: three x life assurance| free parking (site selected) | unique employee-only deals from 5,700 retailers, including shopping discounts and reduced cinema tickets | free fruit, tea and coffee | free on-site gym
- After probation: a benefits fund to spend on benefits of your choice | Group Income Protection | employee assistance programme | pension scheme with a 3% employer match | voluntary benefits, including a cycle to work scheme and give as you earn
Cloud8’s mission is to give access to digital benefits for a million people within three years, building upon our growth. Our technical team has an engineering culture. More broadly, we take a user-centered view, building a product that is a pleasure to use and makes people’s lives easier and better. Joining as our primary DevOps person, we know that you may like to seek a fresh technical perspective, and we have an AWS partner that can provide this. We look forward to exploring how we may shape a role to build upon your strengths and interests. https://teamcloud8.co.uk/
Location: North Bristol (BS35), at the office two days a week, or more, plus remote working
Timing: joining immediately, or any time before July
Cloud8 is working with techfolk, its chosen recruitment partner, to help us find our new colleagues.
Vittoria and Andrew will be pleased to answer your questions, to tell you more and, if you like what you’re hearing, to support you throughout the process.
We look forward to getting to know you at the appropriate stage.
Thanks for your interest in Cloud8.